Friday, January 13, 2012

Something Worse Than Going to Hell

A number of years ago I posted a sermon online about something worse than going to hell. I was quite surprised recently to find that if you search for "sermon" and "hell" on google, the first listing that will come up is my sermon. I suppose this is my 15 minutes of fame, but I take no pleasure in thinking my legacy will be associated with that subject, and yet there are a lot worse things a person could be remembered for. If you have never read that message the thing that is worse than going to hell, is going there and taking someone with you. That thought was not original with me, though I may have helped to spead it's message. This brings us to our little lesson for today. What will you be known for? What legacy will you leave behind? We all leave fingerprints of where we have been and what we have done. My prayer and aim is that they won't be found at the scene of the crime, but on blessings that have been left behind. Keep your fire burning.

1 comment:

  1. This sounds kinda familiar. Wonder where I've heard it before? Thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete