Sunday, March 18, 2012

God's Seal Team




God's Seal Team

1Ch 12:1 ¶ These are the men who joined David in Ziklag; it was during the time he was banished by Saul the son of Kish; they were among the Mighty Men, good fighters.

1Ch 12:2 They were armed with bows and could sling stones and shoot arrows either right- or left-handed. They hailed from Saul’s tribe, Benjamin.

These elite soldiers were forged in the furnace of affliction, they came to David, disowned their own family, and were some of the best soldiers in the ancient world. You will notice they were ambidextrous, they could shoot with either the right or left hand. Men bring natural talent to the table, but it is their training that turns them into Seals. 

I don't think they were born ambidextrous, I think they had a mean old drill sergeant who beat them into shape. When I was 8 years old, I broke my right arm, since it was during the school year my doctor told me I should learn to write with my left hand. To learn to use the left (or your weak) hand involves:
Discomfort
Awkwardness
Feelings of inadequacy
Loss of control
Strong desire to going back and doing it the old familiar way
Awkwardness opens a door for us to have to face ridicule. (Try throwing a ball with your weak hand)

I hope by now you can see where this is going. If you want to be a part of God's Seal Team, it is going to involve training, not in your strengths, but in your weaknesses. For a while it may seem like you are throwing a ball like a sissy, but in time, with training you will be able to shoot with both the right and left hand equally well. So if God has put you in a situation that is over your head, it is probably because He is giving you Seal Team training. 

That kind of stretching will keep you on your knees, and if you stay on your knees, you will keep your fire burning. - Blessings

No comments:

Post a Comment