Wednesday, October 10, 2018

No You Resurrect It!

I have seen a lot of posts from people lately talking about people who don't add to their life. Get rid of them, walk away from them, flush them. As if the only thing that matters is that people should add to you, enhance you, increase your growth, make your life better. I suppose there is a time and place for that type of thinking, but maybe, just maybe you are supposed to pull them up instead of just walking away from them.

I used to enjoy listening to a preacher named R. W. Shambach, and one of the things he is known for is that at his meetings he would asked the crowd, "If something is dead, what do you do with it?" The crowd would invariably respond, "you bury it,". He would then say, "No! You resurrect it!"

I realize there are people that won't change, but we are too much of a throw away society. I think I read somewhere about doing unto others as you would have them do unto you. I for one can say, God didn't flush me, at my worst He loved me best. Keep your fire burning!

1 comment: