Wednesday, June 13, 2012

The Fulness of Time

But when the fulness of the time came... (Gal 4:4)


"And therefore will the LORD wait, that he may be gracious unto you..." Is 30:18
I usually think of waiting from my perspective, I don't often think about it from God's perspective. Thousands of years passed from the promise to crush the serpents head, till Jesus died on the cross. Thousands of years, think about it. I mean why did God have to wait so long to save us? Couldn't He have done it sooner? It appears that God was waiting till, as we would say the time was ripe. You can do the same thing on a different day and get a very different result. He was getting all His ducks in a row, crossing all His T's and dotting all His I's so that when at last He shot His arrow He hit the dead center of the bullseye, on the very day that it would have the most impact for eternity.




When I was 19 years old, I was desperately wanting to find the one who God planned to be a life mate for me. I couldn't understand why He wouldn't hurry up. My wife is 8 years younger than me, if He would have pointed out an 11 year old to me, I probably would have thought it was the devil who was speaking and not God. So He waited to be gracious to me, in spite of all my petitions and requests that things be speeded up, in spite of my complaints, He even risked my doubting in His love to wait till the time was right. I am so glad He did.

If you are struggling with waiting for something today, take comfort that God is also waiting, waiting for the absolutely best and perfect time. Keep the fire burning.

No comments:

Post a Comment